Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America

Today, the actual birthday of my home country is being spent in quiet.  We had weekend company, the first for us.  I guess I hadn't had any company since the homegoing of Richard.  My sister Katie and her family and another teenage boy came and we had a super time.  They arrived about 9pm Friday,much earlier than I expected since they didn't leave their home until noon.  We left for the local Huddle House and they ate a late supper.  It seems my sister doesn't stop except when the car is hungry so you better not have any sudden urges when traveling with her.   The next morning was spent swimming and then off to Atlanta.  First stop Varsity, where I found the slaw dogs are amazing.  My memory of them did not do them justice just because I had always gone with a church youth group so I probably had eaten while walking from table to table checking on kids.  Then off to the Braves game.  It was hot as Moses but then the sun went down and it became bearable.  Then God sent a storm through and we really got cooled off. Katie and I were so brave to sit in the rain until we heard thunder and then we high tailed it for cover. The storm didn't last long and we all settled back into our comfy seats to see the Braves win. Then came awesome fireworks. Then home, i love home.  Sunday we had swimming cooking roasting weiners and marshmallows in the chiminea(sp). Then more swimming and a small birthday party for the guest of the guest.  He turned 14.  Yummy cake and ice cream. After that all left for the fireworks at the local VFW club with the exception of the old people and we stayed home and I did a minor clean up on the kitchen and went to bed.  I love my bed.   Today was goodbye day for my sister and family and the big house is quiet again.. maybe too quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment